Este blogue tem uma ligação...

Está aqui! É só desceres até ao fundo da página que vai abrir e descarregar aquilo que te for indicado.
There are more documents and presentations waiting for you on the link above.

terça-feira, 4 de maio de 2010

Present Perfect vs Past Simple


-The present perfect is used when the time period has NOT finished:"I have eaten two ice-creams this week" (the week is not finished)
-The simple past is used when the time period HAS finished:"I ate three ice-creams last week" (last week is finished)

-The present perfect is often used when giving recent news:"Jack has broken his arm again" (recent news)
-The simple past is used when giving older information:"Jack broke his arm last year"

-The present perfect is used when the time is not specific:"I have already read that book" (I don't remember when)
-The simple past is used when the time is clear:"I read that book last month"

-The present perfect is used with for and since, when the actions have not finished yet:"I have lived in this city since 2000" (I still live here)
-The simple past is used with for and since, when the actions have already finished:"I lived in this city for a long time" (I don't live here now)

To practise these structures, click on the title of the post and watch this presentation.

Sem comentários: